Central Pre-Mix Concrete Co. was established in 1930 by W.M. Murphy in Spokane, Washington. CPM has a strong history of innovation, superior customer service, strong community involvement and effective operations (safe and efficient). The company's mission statement is:
"We are creating a team of highly skilled people working safely to build long-term relationships with our customers and communities. Integrity, superior quality and exceptional service will continue to be the foundation of our future."
CPM was acquired by Oldcastle Materials & CRH plc of Dublin, Ireland in 1997. The companies continue to be managed locally and are the industry leaders in their communities. Being part of a larger organization allows CPM to offer more resources for the benefit of the customer.
In 1949, the CPM team was convinced that they should expand to the Tri-Cities. Boise Cascade Corporation put up 85% of the money, and CPM managed the business for a 49% interest. This entity, Pre-Mix Concrete, joint-ventured the first Hanford Steam Plant with Central Pre-Mix. This was the beginning of CPM operations in the Central Washington region.
The East Region covers the Inland Empire, including the Spokane and Kootenai counties. CPM is proud to offer state-of-the art facilities and equipment that give our customers the best quality and service available in the industry today. Safety, community, and environmental stewardship are viewed as top priority and have been integrated into the CPM culture as part of daily operations.